We are excited to announce that SIGHUP will be sponsoring this year’s edition of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022 in Valencia. We are preparing some great stuff for this edition, and in this article, we will reveal some (but not all) of what we have planned!
5 reasons why you should consider registering for KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU 22
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is the Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference. This means that it is one of the most important initiatives taking place in Europe for the Cloud Native and Kubernetes community.
- This conference brings together adopters and technologists from leading Open Source and Cloud Native communities every year, meaning you shouldn’t miss out if you love the industry.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is a key forum for exchanging relevant information and insights on Kubernetes and broader DevOps trends. As such, it offers learning opportunities and a way to keep up to date with industry professionals.
- The upcoming European edition will be the first on-site edition of the conference in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. We can already feel the great fervor growing around the event, being the first big occasion to (safely) shake each other's hands again.
- The networking opportunities at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon are endless. At the conference, you will have the chance to meet like-minded individuals who share your passion for Kubernetes, Cloud Native, Infrastructure Automation and much more.
Some figures from previous editions
The last on-site edition of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2019 exhibited record-breaking registrations and attendance, with approximately 7,700 registrations and attendees from 93 countries across 6 continents.
On the same wavelength, last year's virtual edition of KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2021 Virtual was a success too, boasting 26,648+ registrants and a 63% attendance rate.
To quote one of last year’s highlights:
“What do you get when you teleconference a group of IT engineers connected to the Cloud Native Computing Foundation and ask them to talk about “What’s Next in Cloud Native?” You get a conversation centered around the future of edge computing, and at the heart of that future is the container orchestration platform Kubernetes - the glue that holds the Cloud Native ecosystem together and arguably the most important project under the Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s guidance.”
Christine Hall, ITProToday
SIGHUP as a Silver sponsor of the next European edition. What should you expect?
After a break of almost two years for on-site events due to the Covid-19 pandemic, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU is back in person (and online) with a new hybrid event. The upcoming European edition will take place in Valencia, Spain, from May 16-20, 2022.
SIGHUP is proud to be a Silver sponsor of this edition and this is a big event for the entire company. Almost everyone in the company will pack their bags and fly to Valencia to witness the positive vibes of the Kubernetes and Cloud Native community. From the moment the news was announced to the people at SIGHUP, you could feel an air of enthusiasm in our fully-remote company.
Needless to say, we are super excited to do our share and to have the chance to meet the experts, the most interesting companies and members of the community in person. This uncontainable excitement is undoubtedly justified by the venue too, with Valencia being considered the birthplace of Paella and (almost) always enjoying beach weather.
Being first and foremost an Open Source company, at SIGHUP we feel proud to offer our contribution to the most important celebration revolving around this field. We find our roots in Open Source and Open Source Projects; this means that everything we do, we do it first for the community, and then from these roots, we start on our path to building enterprise products.
We cannot wait to see you at our on-site booth S56 in Pavilion 2, or virtually in the sponsor showcase. You will be the first to hear some great announcements surrounding what we are currently working on and you will have the chance to get your hands on our limited edition SIGHUP T-shirt.
SPOILER ALERT: Some SIGHUP Behind The Scene Rumors
Among the many other great reasons that might convince you to visit us at our booth, we are preparing an announcement that will be revealed exclusively at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022: a brand new version of Gatekeeper Policy Manager (GPM) is coming out.
GPM is one of our Open Source Projects, and it consists of a simple read-only web UI for viewing OPA Gatekeeper policy statuses in a Kubernetes Cluster. We have also scheduled some dedicated GPM Demos to help you get to know the project. Check the table below and make sure you will be at our on-site booth S56 in Pavilion 2 if you do not want to miss it:
It seems like KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2022 is the place to be. We cannot wait to meet all the Cloud Native and Kubernetes enthusiasts from around the world. So, if you are one of them, we will definitely see you there!